IDEAL FOR HORTICULTURE/LANDSCAPE
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals absorb and hold hundreds of times their weight in water. Then upon demand, release the moisture to the plant.
- Of all plant polymers now available, TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals have the greatest absorption under soil pressure. Our water crystals also perform more effectively in the presence of fertilizers and other water soluble soil additives.
- These crystals are completely non-toxic. Due to their high resistance to electrolytes, they remain actively effective for three to five years with a single installation.
- TeraGel® (T-200) is the ideal solution as a soil polymer for landscaping as well as a soil polymer for horticulture and as a soil polymer for golf courses in providing moisture to plants or turf.
What is TeraGel® (T-200)?
- TeraGel® (T-200) is engineered specifically for moisture retention, with the ability to release moisture to the plant upon demand.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water absorbing polymer crystals are non-toxic and have approximately five years of performance duration on a single installation. This factor depends upon conditions of soil and irrigation water.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals are potassium based, organic cross-linked co-polymers with water binding groups.
- In dry form they are white, crystalline granules with a neutral pH. When hydrated, they become a gel which retains fluids, even under soil pressure and in the presence of fertilizers and other soil additives.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals are characterized by high volume absorption and fluid retention and are available in a variety of crystal sizes for various soil requirements.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals extend the time between irrigation, thus providing for more efficient use of available water. Contributing to water conservation.
How TeraGel® (T-200) works
- When water or fluids come into contact with TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals, an electrical force pushes the inward structure of the particle away from the center via electrical repulsion.
- Small voids are created inside the particle drawing the water inward which results in rapid swelling of the crystal.
- When the water evaporates or is taken up by the plant the particle shrinks and is ready for the process to repeat.
- These reservoirs of water crystals (hydrogels) are evenly dispersed throughout the plant’s root zone.
- When the soil dries out and reaches 50% of field capacity the crystals are engineered to release their moisture to compensate for the outside soil pressure on the gel wall.
- This promotes the roots to grow to the new found moisture source provided by the presence of the hydrogels, or commonly known as water absorbing polymers or water crystals.
- In many cases the roots grow right through the hydrated water crystals, extracting the moisture before moving on to the next closest one.
- This process promotes increased root mass resulting in larger plants and increased crop yield.
- It has universal use as a soil polymer for landscaping, as a soil polymer for nurseries, as a soil polymer for horticultural use as well as a soil polymer for agriculture.
So many benefits!
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals significantly reduce water usage by extending the time between irrigation, or by extending the benefits of rainfall.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals dramatically increase crop yields and provide for faster plant establishment.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals are highly resistant to electrolytes, yielding numerous hydration cycles.
- TeraGel® (T-200) remains actively effective for up to five years with only a single installation.
- TeraGel® (T-200) polymer crystals retain fertilizers and other water soluble additives.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water retaining polymers remain effective in the presence of fertilizers, salts and other chemicals that adversely effect the absorption rates of all other soil polymers.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals promote root growth, resulting in larger, healthier plants. Increase crop yields due to greater root mass, created by added moisture availability and presence of slow release fertilizers.
- TeraGel® (T-200) polymer crystals loosen soils which allows roots to access lower soil depths. This greatly improves the availability of applied irrigation, provides infiltration throughout the root zone, and allows drainage due to the aeration provided by the shrink-swell cycles.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water absorbing crystals provide for uniform moisture conditions in soil, irrigation mats, geo-textiles, and other agricultural media.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water crystals will not float through the soil matrix to the surface or create water rivulets when subjected to heavy rains or watering schedules.
- TeraGel® (T-200) water absorbing crystals are completely non-toxic and environmentally safe.
Physical Data on TeraGel® (T-200)
Chemical composition: Cross-linked partially neutralized potassium salts of polyacrylic acid polymers with water binding groups.
Physical form:…………………..100 % white granular crystals.
Particle sizes:……………………..Between 100-2000 microns.
Bulk density:…………………..540+/- kilograms/cubic meter.
pH value:……………………………………………………… 6.0 to 6.8
Moisture content:……………………………< than 5% (+/- 2%)
Storage:……………………….Indefinitely under dry conditions.